Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Hate This Experience


Selamat Menghayati Ramadhan Mubarak!

No, I'm not talking about the experience of Ramadhan.

I took a Metro train back from getting a look at my friend's new house. I got it, I sat on one of the seat, and I glimpsed at a newspaper left on its side. (It is a common scene in a Metro, where people always take a free newspaper and leave it anywhere they want after reading it) Somehow I was tempted to read the newspaper. At the very first page of the newspaper, I was angered with the title of the editorial article "Desperate stakes for women under Sharia". Yeah, the title speaks for itself.

Then I back home, I opened Facebook as usual. Then Mashi asked me about the start of Ramadan, whether it would start tomorrow or the day after. So I googled about it, putting the keyword 'Ramadhan US'. You know what I saw on the search page? Instead of websites reporting the date of the Ramadhan, what came to search pages are "Iraq More Likely to Attack During Ramadhan" or such thing. Heck.

(I really want to talk more about this but I need to sleep and continue working tomorrow)

Happy Ramadhan to everyone!



No comments: